Saturday, November 20, 2010

Power Outage

So the power went out at 6:45 this morning, not an unusual event, but always inconvenient!  Got the extension cords hooked up to the generator and piped in through the window.  But we only had less than three hours of gasoline in the generator and hubby had to leave for work.  So I got the fire going hot in the wood stove and cooked some scrambled eggs and re-heated last night's beans, (while the kids played outside in the snow).  The power ended up coming back on at about 1:00 p.m. and then the snow plow went by about a half hour later.  I saw the mail truck drive by a few minutes ago but he wasn't stopping at any of the mailboxes on our street.  The mail is never dependable here, but that's a whole nother story!  While the power was out I made some tulle flowers.  I love how simple, yet elegant they look.  When the power came back on I made this sign for my creative space.  Thanks for stopping by.  It's snowing again!  Nicole







Tulle flowers I made when power was out.  (It's hard to see, but the centers are pearls on some and vintage buttons on others.)


                                  
                                              Sign I made when power came back on!




Close-up of my handmade cabbage roses.

No comments:

Post a Comment